Add the Advanced Meta-Tags Generator to your web site FREE!
It also allows Google AdSense users to take their current statistics and calculate how much they can expect to earn daily, monthly and yearly. Site owners who are considering implementing AdSense on their site(s) can also use this tool to estimate what results they are likely to see.
Daily Page Impressions
Daily page impressions indicate how many times ads are shown per page. You can use your average, anticipated, or current daily page impressions for this
Click Through Rate (CTR)
This figure represents how many visitors actually click your advertisements. You can find this easily on your Google AdSense stats page labeled "CTR." The average rate is estimated to be about 1.5%.
Cost Per Click (CPC)
Your CPC is the average of how much you get paid for someone clicking one of your advertisements. To find your average CPC take you’re the amount of money you have earned from AdSense (daily, monthly, or all time) and divide it by your total clicks (daily, monthly, or all time)
Pinging is one of the most effective, quickest and EASIEST things you can do to promote your article, blog, squidoo lens, website and pretty much any content you put up on the web.
Sign up for a pinging service. I personally use Ping-O-Matic so this article will address using that service in particular. Go to www.pingomatic.com and sign up for an account.
Assuming you already have content you'd like to promote (if not, get writing some articles on eHow and try it out!), open up two browser
windows. In one, direct yourself to www.pingomatic.com and in the other open up the page you're wanting to promote.
In the first blank of Ping O Matic you will see stats to insert your blog's name. Don't worry if it's not a blog. If it's for an eHow article, for example, insert your article's name.
Now, in the next blank, you insert the url (www.yourarticleaddress.com). I like to copy/paste the url from the other browser window to prevent making any mistakes.
Check all the boxes to the sites you'd like to notify of your content. I usually check every one of them except for maybe the audio one in the second block under 'specialized services'.
The last step is to simply click 'send pings' button. A new page will appear telling you the sites that were notified of your content.
Hit the back button on the pingomatic page and start pinging other articles or pages you may have to promote.
Be sure to bookmark the page so you can easily go and ping every new article or page you create. You should see traffic results very quickly.
Each time you make a change to that article page; adding/changing photos or the smallest of text changes.. absolutely anything... go ahead and ping it again!
I will be adding more social bookmarking and internet marketing tips and methods very soon. Add me as a friend on eHow so you can check back with me for more content that I hope will benefit your efforts here on eHow.
Register for a squdioo account at
Click on the create a lens link
Choose the lens title and three main keywords
Choose the modules you want to add to your lens
Add a catchy introduction to your lens
add a photo to your introduction
put some content and links into the modules, make sure to include at least 5 different modules
add more keywords
- Step 9
write your profile and include your picture
start linking to your lens and telling people about it
Since I am an SEO guru in my spare time, I decided to give you guys a top ten list on driving traffic to a site. Keep in mind that increasing your website traffic doesn’t depend on just one thing. It takes time and effort and in a lot of different areas.
* Create e-mail newsletters/bulk mail lists. Although this is very time consuming, it doesn’t take as much time as you might think to get an email list of 100 to 200 people. Remember also to save e-mail inquiries, comments, and questions in your contacts. These are people who were interested enough in your site to say something, and are excellent candidates for your future “newsletter.”
* Sign up for social bookmarking sites like Furl, Spurl, Digg, & Del.icio.us. List pages of your sites in these social communities for public consumption.
* Add a “Refer this site” feature to your website. That way, users can refer your site to a friend. Friend referrals are much more likely to be visited than any other type of referral.
- Step 2
* Create an article about your site for syndication. (This is usually on the expensive side, but it’s well worth the cost). Syndicated articles can receive ten, 20, even 30 thousand hits in a day.
* Get listed in DMOZ. DMOZ is an open web directory that includes sites in all different categories. Since it is the premier web directory around, it is very difficult to get listed. But if you can, it’ll really give your search engine rankings a boost.
* Create an article entry in WikiPedia. If you follow their editorial guidelines and write high quality content, they will sometimes allow you to reference a link to a site of your choice.
- Step 3
* Use Google AdWords to promote and advertise your site’s products and services. (Again, this can be expensive, but does deliver tangible results).
* Take advantage of free advertising sites like Craiglist. Craigslist is probably the best web advertising site around, as it pack a huge punch with the search engines.
* Create multiple blogs dealing with multiple topics. Make sure you have quality, original content on them. Set up iner-site links between them.
* List your blogs in blog cataloging sites like MyBlogLog & Technorati. These two companies draw thousands of visitors a day.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Your site must be optimized in order for you to see positive rankings in the search engines. This is a very important process when starting or growing your Internet business and it's free! Failing to optimize your site is a deadly mistake. If you don't do anything else, please do this one step!
Paid Advertising: Spend a little money on Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns to pump up the volume on your website visitors. PPC advertising, paid listings or placed banner ads on related websites are an excellent way to generate targeted traffic. If you are currently running some paid advertising, look for new websites to place your banner ads or do more market testing with Google Adwords.
Link Exchanges: When I first got started promoting affiliate products online back in 2001, link exchanges was the only traffic generating method I used. It worked so well that I failed to do anything else. I soon realized that exchanging links with high traffic websites not only worked, but worked exceptionally well when done with other forms of online marketing! Exchanging links will help you create value for your website and search engines love value! :)
Public Relations (PR): A good way to drive traffic to your website in a short amount of time is to send out press releases about your business. Media outlets would love to run your story as long as it is newsworthy and related to current events. The link backs that you would get when running your press releases would create great value for your website resulting in high search engine rankings.
Offline Marketing: I don't care if you are a newbie or an advanced Internet marketer making millions of dollars online, if you are not promoting your product or service offline then you are potentially leaving huge amounts of money on the table. Some offline marketing ideas include; business cards, brochures, tv ads, radio ads, speaking engagements, car signs, yard signs, press releases, postcards, flyers, marketing events and trade shows. You may also want to join your local Chamber of Commerce and start networking with local business owners and entrepreneurs.
For this experiment you will need:
1. Cooking Oil
2. Water Bottle
3. Food Coloring
4. Alka Seltzer
You can adjust the water to oil ratio based on your bottle size but a good rule of thumb is 1/4th water 3/4ths oil.