Since I am an SEO guru in my spare time, I decided to give you guys a top ten list on driving traffic to a site. Keep in mind that increasing your website traffic doesn’t depend on just one thing. It takes time and effort and in a lot of different areas.
* Create e-mail newsletters/bulk mail lists. Although this is very time consuming, it doesn’t take as much time as you might think to get an email list of 100 to 200 people. Remember also to save e-mail inquiries, comments, and questions in your contacts. These are people who were interested enough in your site to say something, and are excellent candidates for your future “newsletter.”
* Sign up for social bookmarking sites like Furl, Spurl, Digg, & Del.icio.us. List pages of your sites in these social communities for public consumption.
* Add a “Refer this site” feature to your website. That way, users can refer your site to a friend. Friend referrals are much more likely to be visited than any other type of referral.
- Step 2
* Create an article about your site for syndication. (This is usually on the expensive side, but it’s well worth the cost). Syndicated articles can receive ten, 20, even 30 thousand hits in a day.
* Get listed in DMOZ. DMOZ is an open web directory that includes sites in all different categories. Since it is the premier web directory around, it is very difficult to get listed. But if you can, it’ll really give your search engine rankings a boost.
* Create an article entry in WikiPedia. If you follow their editorial guidelines and write high quality content, they will sometimes allow you to reference a link to a site of your choice.
- Step 3
* Use Google AdWords to promote and advertise your site’s products and services. (Again, this can be expensive, but does deliver tangible results).
* Take advantage of free advertising sites like Craiglist. Craigslist is probably the best web advertising site around, as it pack a huge punch with the search engines.
* Create multiple blogs dealing with multiple topics. Make sure you have quality, original content on them. Set up iner-site links between them.
* List your blogs in blog cataloging sites like MyBlogLog & Technorati. These two companies draw thousands of visitors a day.
Posted in Labels: Website/Blogger Tutorial
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Posted by ryoma at 7:04 PM